A Non-Governmental Organization in Formal Consultative Relations with UNESCO
ICTM rule 5 reads:
National and Regional Committees
- National and Regional Committees, consisting of ICTM members and others who are in sympathy with the objectives of the Council such as representatives of organisations shall be eligible for affiliation on application.
- The Executive Board shall establish and approve a Memorandum on National and Regional Committees and shall decide on affiliation and exclusion of a National or Regional Committee according to the directives in the Memorandum.
- In countries or regions in which no National or Regional Committee exists, the Executive Board may appoint Liaison Officers.
- There shall be no more than one National Committee in any country and no more than one Regional Committee in any region. Members of National Committees in a specific region affiliated to the Council shall also have the right to membership in an existing or later affiliated Regional Committee.
- National and Regional Committees shall endeavour to spread a knowledge of the Council's activities and to further its interest in their respective countries or regions. They shall, so far as possible, act as links between the Council and the individual members.
- National and Regional Committees shall manage their own internal affairs.
- Each National and Regional Committee shall appoint a representative to act as a liaison between the Committee and the Council.
- Each National and Regional Committee shall pay the Council an annual subscription, the amount to be determined between the Committee and the Executive Board.
ICTM rule 9 reads:
9. Assembly of National and Regional representatives
- The Assembly of National and Regional Representatives shall consist of one official delegate from each National and Regional Committee, the Liaison Officers, the President and the Secretary General of the Council. No other member of the Executive Board or Administrative Officer may also be a member of the Assembly of National and Regional Representatives.
- The Representatives shall have the right to propose and second resolutions, to take part in the discussion, and to vote. The proceedings of the Assembly of National and Regional Representatives shall be conducted according to Robert's Rules of Order unless otherwise prescribed in these rules of the Council. A Liaison Officer who is also a member of the ExecutiveBoard can attend the assembly, but not vote.
- A Meeting of the Assembly of National and Regional Representatives shall be convened by the President not less than once every three years and shall normally be held during the course of a World Conference. Notice, together with the agenda, shall be dispatched to National and Regional Committees and Liaison Officers not less than two months before the date of the meeting.
- The Assembly of National and Regional Representatives shall be chaired by the President of the Council.
- The Assembly of National and Regional Representatives shall appoint two members of the Nomination Committee as prescribed in rule 10 (a). the members of the Nomination Committee shall elect their own convenor.
This is the memorandum prescribed by the cited rule 5 (b).
A National Committee can be recognized in a state recognized by the United Nations (below called “country”) with at least three ICTM members.
A Regional committee can be recognized in an area that is commonly acknowledged as a geographical or political region with at least three ICTM members.
A National or Regional Committee may consist of
A network or organization formed by ICTM members.
A representative existing organization or a union of representative organizations that deal with music and/or dance.
To be recognized as a National or Regional Committee of the ICTM, the members of the Committee-In-the-Making should organize a meeting and submit a report of the meeting together with some kind of rules of procedure or statutes as well as a request for official recognition. As soon as the Executive Board has approved the request, the National or Regional Committee is officially affiliated to the ICTM.
The Executive Board can cancel affiliation of a National or Regional Committee which does not comply with the rules of the ICTM or the content of this memorandum. The EB can also cancel the affiliation of National or Regional Committees that have become inactive.
National or Regional Committees shall appoint one or several Executive Members. One of the Executive Members shall act as liaison to the ICTM Executive Board as well as to the ICTM Secretariat. The liaison or a deputy should also represent the Committee in The Assembly of National and Regional Representatives at ICTM World Conferences
Ratified in October 2005 (online discussion); revised in September 2006 (Ljubljana).